Web design tools and resources, both free and premium, are designed to help you take full advantage of your creativity. Thereby enhance your ability to create stunning websites. There is a huge variety of products and services to choose from. They are ranging from complete platforms to specialized software applications. Just like design frameworks, wireframing tools, and UI enhancements.
We’re not going to pretend that creating wow-worthy websites is easy. Your creative talents can sometimes take you only so far. You can get to the point where you need a particular tool or resource to do some of the heavy lifting and help you work efficiently. Or, complete your projects on time, and exceed clients’ expectations.
Having the right design tools can even help you bring your creative visions to life. With this in mind, here are 13 Awesome Tools & Resources for Designers and Agencies.
- Be – Best Multipurpose WordPress Theme
Are you in the midst of stocking up on web design tools to add to your design toolbox? You won’t have to look far beyond BeTheme to get most of what you need. This popular (250,000+ customers) and powerful (40+ core features) multipurpose WordPress theme places an abundance of site-building tools, aids, and options at your fingertips.
5 “must have” features you won’t find anywhere else:
- Be Builder, the fastest, lightest, and most intuitive website builder for WordPress.
- Be Blocks, a workflow-reducing library of pre-designed sections.
- Be Builder Woo, a simple and effective way to create an online store.
- Be’s Header Builder 2.0 makes it easy to quickly create the pixel-perfect header you need.
- Be’s library of 650+ Pre-Built Websites; each one is customizable, responsive, and features basic UX functionality.
You will find the Set-up Wizard on Be’s completely reorganized dashboard. Click on the banner to learn more about BeTheme or check out this free Live demo.
- Trafft – Service Business Management Software You Can Count On
Trafft allows a business to manage appointment bookings operations with a single tool. The operations include, but are not limited to:
- managing, client appointments, events, group bookings, and staff schedules including special days for employees, as well as on-site and virtual meeting schedules.
- sending reminders to clients and accepting payments from them online via MailChimp and SendFox.
Other Trafft features clients, employees, or management can take advantage of include:
- selecting custom domains and custom fields for assignment to the Trafft platform.
- Coupons and other service extras.
- integration with Google Calendar, Google Meet, and Outlook Calendar when tracking appointment and event scheduling
- integration with Zoom to conduct virtual meetings
- Stripe, PayPal, Mollie, and Authorize.net payment options
Click on the banner for more information.
- wpDataTables – The Best Tables & Charts WordPress Table Plugin
wpDataTables is the best tables and charts WordPress plugin you could possibly select for your design toolbox. It enables you to create charts and tables that up to now you’ve may have been hesitant to try building.
Tables and charts that –
- are informative, responsive, easily maintainable, and attractive.
- are precisely what a client is looking for, and in minutes, even if huge amounts of complex data are involved.
- require data from a variety of sources and in a variety of formats including nested JSON
wpDataTables does all the above quickly and efficiently with its –
- ability to organize and process huge amounts of data.
- powerful chart-building engines, filtering and sorting tools, and features that allows users to edit their own entries
- conditional formatting feature that allows you to color-code key data.
Click on the banner to learn more about this time and labor saving plugin.
- Uncode – Creative & WooCommerce WordPress Theme
The Uncode creative WordPress theme is one of Envato’s all time best-sellers with more than 100,000 sales. The reasons for this are many, and include the ability to build incredible WooCommerce websites with features that include:
- an advanced Drag & Drop Product Builder, configurable Ajax product filters with Variations Swatches, and impressive Shop layouts.
- 70+ Carefully crafted mix-and-match importable pre-made designs, and 550+ Wireframes plugin section templates.
- Pixpa – Easy & affordable website builder for designers
Is an easy website builder for beginning designers suitable for more advanced web designers? With Pixpa, the answer is a definite yes. Pixpa is the top-rated website builder on Capterra and Trustpilot, with a 4.8/5 rating based on its:
- 150+ Customizable templates that allow designers to create unique and professional-looking websites.
- affordable plans starting at under $5/mo.
- a drag-and-drop editor that makes it easy for users to design their website
- blog platform, responsive design, and more.
- Amelia – Appointments & Events WordPress Booking Plugin
Add Amelia WordPress booking plugin functionality to a WordPress-designed website and good things happen. The website’s user now owns an automated booking system that will flawlessly manage an unlimited number of appointment bookings at multiple locations from a single platform and dashboard.
- Amelia is an excellent choice for beauty, healthcare, fitness, consulting, educational, and other client-oriented businesses.
- both appointments and events can be booked
- Amelia supports PayPal, Stripe, Mollie, and Razor payments.
- Slider Revolution – not just a WordPress slider plugin
Slider Revolution has been the leading WordPress slider plugin for a long time, but it is more than a WordPress slider plugin now. Trusted by more than 9 million users worldwide, Slider Revolution gives you the ability to create visuals your clients and visitors love with its:
- 250+ website and slider templates designed to impress.
- website animation effects and other innovative features that push the boundaries of what is possible in web design.
- WoodMart – WooCommerce WordPress Theme
Woodmart enjoys the distinction of being ThemeForest’s most highly regarded WooCommerce WordPress theme.
It is loaded with features you won’t find in most other eCommerce-oriented themes including –
- 75+ premade websites and 400+ templates that can also be used for quick prototyping
- 15 special pages together with a valuable selection of product page display options.
Note: You can’t order furniture from Wordmart’s website, even though you might be tempted.
- Getillustrations Web and app illustrations bundle
Once a popular new website design trend, it appears that UI illustrations are here to stay. Even though the popularity of certain illustration styles may vary with time, the opportunities for innovation and creativity remain limitless.
Getillustrations brings to the table:
- 14,000+ ready-to-use illustrations in nearly 200 different categories.
- Illustrations for web, apps, presentations, and other purposes.
- Available in PNG, SVC, Ai, Figma, & Sketch formats.
Use coupon code ULTIMATE30 to receive a 30% discount.
- Mobirise – Website Building Software
Mobirise is a free downloadable website building software app for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Mobirise is especially well suited for creating small/medium websites, landing pages, and simple web stores.
- Mobirise is perfect for non-techies who may not be familiar with the intricacies of web design.
- Mobirise is great for fast prototyping and small customers’ projects.
- Mobirise features a minimalistic, extremely easy-to-use interface, it is Mobile & Google-friendly, and can be hosted anywhere.
- The Essential Grid WordPress plugin
Essential Grid is hands down the best WordPress grid plugin you could have in your web design toolkit. Essential Grid’s –
- easy-to-use drag and drop builder makes it possible to bring your creative vision to life in minutes rather than hours.
- 50+ impressive, customizable templates make it easy to complete projects at lightning-fast speeds.
With Essential Grid, you can create any gallery design you can think of without writing a single line of code.
- Blocksy – Best Free Ecommerce WordPress Theme
Blocksy is packed with dozens of hyper-intuitive features and options, yet it is both lighter and faster than most similar WordPress themes.
- Features include advanced WooCommerce integration, a header builder, a footer builder, custom post types, and dynamic data support.
- Options include White Label, layout, header and footer options, and a customizer Dark Mode.
This best free eCommerce WordPress theme gives you complete control over your page and web designs.
- Total WordPress Theme
This aptly named WordPress theme has all the flexibility you could ask for, yet it is surprisingly easy to work with, even for a beginner. Total’s features include –
- an extended version of the WPBakery page builder
- 90+ ready to use section templates plus quick import demos, unlimited color options, and custom fonts.
- WooCommerce integration, full support for Elementor (with custom widgets), live customizer theme settings, and dynamic template and layout functionality.
Creating a stunning website is not always easy. Your creative talents can sometimes only take you to a point. You will need a particular tool or resource to do some heavy lifting.
Website design has become easier, however. More and more new web design tools and resources are being introduced the marketplace. Many older ones are being upgraded to make assembling a well-rounded tool kit a relatively easy task for any web designer.
Having the right design tools can help you bring your creative visions to life. With this in mind, here are 13 Essential Tools & Resources for Designers and Agencies.